· Good international availability
· Simple, quick and easy to apply
· 100mm/4″, 150mm/6″ widths
· ISSA Codes 43.003.01/02/
· IMPA Codes 23.24.51/52/53
DRY CARGO HD is a internationally recognised and accepted heavy-duty hatch sealing tape, which was introduced in the early 1970s.
It consists of 20 metre rolls of bitumen compound coated onto polythene film and interleaved with release paper.
DRY CARGO HD is self-adhesive and provides excellent strength and flexibility for all-weather operations.
According to rules and regulations, metal hatch covers on cargo vessels are expected to be water-tight without the aid of further appliances. In practice hatch joints can leak for a number of reasons with resulting cargo damage.
As a safe guard and as an exercise in good housekeeping, many shipowners around the world carry hatch sealing tape on their ships.
DRY CARGO HD was purpose-produced as an all-weather hatch sealer with proven results since its introduction in the early 1970s.
METHOD OF USE :
- The joint should be brushed clean of any loose scale, paint, dirt and surface water.
- The section of tape is unrolled along the joint, and the interleaving paper removed.
- The adhesive surface is pressed over the joint, and the tape firmly pressed into place using firm foot pressure.
- To remove, simply scrape off.
- In cold conditions the tape should be stored in a heated area until immediately before use.
- In very cold conditions the tape may be lightly heated before being turned over and pressed into position along the joint.
PRODUCT DATA :
Application: From 5°C* to 35°C*
Service: From -5°C* to 65°C*
(* see method of use in cold/very cold conditions)
Packing: 100mm/4″ width – 3 x 20mtr rolls per ctn
150mm/6″ width – 2 x 20mtr rolls per ctn
Carton Spec: (All widths) 20kg – 320 x 320 x 320mm
DRY CARGO SD
For situations where a lighter-grade tape is adequate
100mm/4″ width – 3 x 20 metre rolls per carton
150mm/6″ width – 2 x 20 metre rolls per carton
A full specification is available on request.